1. We will explain clearly what services you can expect to receive and will provide details of the waste acceptance services we offer on a county/city basis to the relevant local authority for publishing on their website.
2. We will provide you with clear and concise billing which will allow you to understand all elements of the costs involved in providing your waste services.
3. We will keep you informed of changes in our service that are designed to improve our service offering.
4. At the time of initial service provision under contract, where applicable, each customer will be provided with details of their service provider; full name and address, contact details (website where available, phone number, email, postal address), a clear breakdown of pricing policy for provision of service, process for accessing account statement and balances, procedure for receipt of payments, process for dispute resolution, procedure for customers who have fallen into arrears with their payments, where applicable, and details of the procedure for cancellation of service provision, including refund of charges where applicable. You will also be provided with details of the period of validity for the offer provided and advised of a cooling off period should you wish to change your mind.
5. In the case of e-Commerce contracts with customers, and in line with reducing paper usage, all communication and documents will be sent by email unless otherwise requested. In the interests of the environment and reducing costs we are committed to increasing communication by this method.
6. We will alert you at least 30 days in advance of the expiry of your contract, where applicable.
7. We will produce a version of this Charter which has been approved by the National Adult Literacy Agency.